Thursday, May 7, 2020

#121 - Billy Liar


ah well, Billy might lie but I won't - getting a little fatigued from British comedies.

At least this one was a little different - apparently part of the British New Wave, Billy Liar takes us on a journey of a scheming young man's hyper-imagination.   He spends the movie trying to keep the multiple lies, fiancees, schemes, and balls juggling. 

I didn't recall John Schlesinger but when I looked up his name I recognized a few films.  Other than Julie Christie I didn't recognize any of the actors - it wasn't a bad film but my attention wandered and it was a struggle to get as my library source is currently closed and it's OOP and not on Criterion.

Nevertheless, we have a movie that is well, a movie - LOL - guess that's all I'll say about it

what bugs me is we have such good films coming up - Rashamon, Red Beard, Solaris, the diaries of Antoine Doniel, but I'm sorta stalling thru these - my plan is to carve out a movie a day hopefully the next few weeks as time allows telecommuting if possible - I'd like to start this sucker moving again

Anyways - there's mud in your eye #121

RB

No comments:

Post a Comment