Saturday, November 17, 2018

#76 - Brief Encounter


#76 is a Noel Coward play dramatized for the screen - This is a charming tale of unconsummated love between two married people directed by David Lean who we last saw in the two Dickens Adaptations of Oliver Twist and Great Expectations.

I'm starting to think I don't like this time period very much - the 1930's and 40's British films - (Remember "The Lady Vanishes very early on?" seem to bring a sort of odd cultural reference to them I don't like - I guess it makes sense that a guy who likes French New Wave would be unimpressed by overwrought Melodrama with Orchestral Soundtracks. 

I have more David Lean/Noel Coward on the way but thankfully not till the 600's - I liked Summertime but this stuff - meh - I guess it is really well liked, famous, and popular but it just didn't do anything for me - until next time I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment