Thursday, November 8, 2018

#72 - Le Million


Another musical...oh goodie...

I mean at least this one was shorter - I am sure there's a lot to be said for the history of it - a film where the director used sound and music to great effect in ways that wasn't done before - a cool opening scene that melded from stage to miniature and back to stage that is hard to beat...

I just don't like many musicals - (or opera) - with the obvious exception of the brilliant Blues Brothers - (think it about it - it is a musical)

It's a nice French film, and at least it WAS short - the music wasn't memorable but the story was somewhat comical and yes, it does have echos of Chaplin, who I guess was sued at one point by this Film Company for comparisons to another of Clair's films and "Modern Times" - that's really the vibe I got from it - Chaplin film in French.

I think the next one has some echos of French New Wave - I'll take what I can get at this point - as long as it's not another musical

wasn't a bad film - just didn't like it much

No comments:

Post a Comment