Tuesday, February 28, 2017

#20 - Sid and Nancy


I saw this two days ago from a different company's DVD release - I had some busy going on and didn't get the review written

It's a biopic about Sid Vicious and his girlfriend Nancy - a pair of codependent drug addicts, one of whom just HAPPENED to be in the Sex Pistols - :)

It's a cool movie - some nice shots - I always had a thing for the Chelsea Hotel and they shot live there but I'm not a fan of the music and some drug movies can take you into the trip, and some can't - this one tries but it can't - there are some wonderful shots though that make you go whoa, like the fire in their hotel room or several of their closest scenes, such as the accidental (as portrayed) stabbing or the cab ride at the end

I mean, it's a good film and I had seen it before, but I dunno - you've seen one self-destructive rock star you've almost seen them all, know what I mean - still a decent film, though - but out of print on Criterion now

No comments:

Post a Comment