Thursday, July 15, 2021

#140 - 8 1/2

 


Starting to get a little worried - lately the viewings have been feeling more like work or an unpleasant chore that drives me to my cellphone instead of paying attention.

This (along with Wild Strawberries) are quintessential Art House films - among the top of the genres, by world renown directors - but they're just not holding my attention

I've said before I'm a bit hit or miss with Fellini - this one was  a miss - I appreciate the surrealism but aside from some interesting compositions, the story wasn't there - it's a bit schizophrenic and I guess I wish I just had a straight forward story without 50% flashbacks or dream sequences. - Looking ahead I'm seeing some good stuff so I'll push thru, but the viewing was not the most engaging for me and I watched it over 3 nights struggling to get my attention.

Lots of good special features - maybe a rewatch with the featured commentary will make it a bit better for me

RB 

No comments:

Post a Comment