Thursday, July 8, 2021

#139 - Wild Strawberries

 


I'm not 100% sure I'm ever going to get Bergman - I know he's one of the greatest directors of the 20th century, but except for the Seventh Seal, nothing he's done has particularly moved me so far.

This is a story of an old widower reflecting back on his life during a drive to his son's place and University to receive an award.   There are some dream sequences, some reminiscing, and the like.   He starts out as a much worse man than he ends up, and some other folks show up along the way who remind him of what he's lost and found.

I wish it had reached me better - I was watching late at night - nearly fell asleep and basically watched it over 3 viewings - that's not a great way to do this, but it was just very tough to engage - dunno why - absolutely have to stop bringing my cell to viewings.

the Blu-Ray has a lot of special features but none were on the Channel but the movie itself I don't believe - (but I'll doublecheck)

RB

No comments:

Post a Comment