Thursday, May 23, 2019

#102 - The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie


This is one of those funny instances where I was gone a while, didn't check to see what the film was about, and sorta went thru confused until I went back and read some stuff where I found out it was supposed to be a Surrealist sort of film - I thought it was more of a well, upper middle class problems film again like some of the stuff we saw a few films back

It's an interesting French Film - I guess I don't quite see the Oscar worthiness of it but there - I might like some of his other stuff but as a whole it wasn't bad but it didn't captivate me - it was just something I had to get thru I'm afraid.

this batch of the 100's aren't on the Criterion Channel yet so I'm forced to Netflix my way thru them - this DVD is out of print - I guess there's a 2nd disk I didn't get with a documentary about the filmmaker -

I wish I had something more positive to say about this one but it's mostly a meh to me - it's about some upper middle class folks trying to get together for a dinner, with constant interruptions and problems, and interspersed with dream sequences that trick you until the dream is revealed that it's part of the waking world

good times




No comments:

Post a Comment