Saturday, March 16, 2019

#95 - All That Heaven Allows


#95 - I didn't feel it much - This is a 1955 Romance starring two big stars at the time, Rock Hudson and Jane Wyman.   It's a story of a May-December relationship, and I'm sure it seemed a little daring at the time.

It's shot well - I really liked the color - (some of that may be the restoration but let's give the cinematographer the credit) - but it's an American movie, a not all that interesting story or compelling characters, and a construct of modern society - (the country club) that is almost laughable by today's standards

I saw it on blu-ray of all things but at least it was only 90 minutes

This is the first of two Douglas Sirk films - - I'll do some reading on him before the next one and see what his deal is

RB

No comments:

Post a Comment