Saturday, June 3, 2023

#154 - The Horse's Mouth


This was an interesting little film with Alec Guinness, who would write the screenplay for this film based upon a famous novel in the 40's.   Basically this is the comedic life of an eccentric painter, and the somewhat humorous escapades that surround him as he attempts to get some of his old paintings back, get new ones done, and tries very hard to not get arrested.   

Obviously any Star Wars fan will recognize Alec who by this point has white hair and the same mop top.  The voice is a bit different, but the gruff character does seem to draw you in a bit.   I admit this didn't hold my attention as much as I wanted it to but at the end of the day it was an interesting film.

This will be the first of three entries in the collection by the director Robert Neame.   (The second one is just up ahead in #163)   He directed and worked in quite a large number of films but none of their titles stand out to me although I'm sure to a British Cinema fan they would.   In any case, we have some very interesting and fascinating works ahead so I'm glad to have seen this one



No comments:

Post a Comment