Thursday, June 25, 2020

#127 - Gertrud


I believe we have another play here adapted into a movie, Dreyer's last one.   This one was really a struggle to hold my interest - I won't lie - I might have bounced into TikTok a few times and had to rewind - I won't pretend to write a lot here - I'm honestly....just glad it's done

Lots of long dialog and extended 10 minute shots about a woman in a loveless marriage, drawn to a man who doesn't love her, and rejecting a 3rd man who has never gotten over her.   When she flees for new adventures at the end you expect the story to end but instead you skip ahead 30 years to an old spinster sitting along wondering whether she made the right choices or not

Anyways...gonna need nitrous or weed to watch this one again - sorry, Carl

RB

No comments:

Post a Comment