Friday, January 25, 2019

#89 - Sisters


It did take me a bit to get into this one but once it got rolling, whewwie -

A psychological thriller by Brian De Palma takes our #89 spot - and what a film it is - in one sense you can see where it's going but at the same time the way it gets there is a pretty good cinematic experience

Margot Kidder (who honestly, I only remember as Lois Lane) - plays a pair of sisters here - one sweet and wants to be a model, one is a bit more disturbed - a murder committed by one of them leaves us in the quandary of who did it, and we watch the investigation play out by a no-nonsense reporter played by Jennifer Page

De Palma has done a few films we've all seen - probably Carrie, Scarface - this one I think is his first real thriller, and he does a few more to follow.  The one I remember is Blow Out with Travolta.   Like I say it took a bit to ramp up but when it did it had my interest

still in print so the usual special features - a new 4k restoration - (I didn't see this on blu-ray though) - and so forth

good stuff - nice thriller

RB

No comments:

Post a Comment