Friday, January 13, 2017

#9 - Hard Boiled


Somewhere, I heard a joke at an Awards Show in Hollywood where one of the actors was talking about John Woo's directing style - and basically, in broken english, he did an impression of John Woo

"You just run, I blow it up behind you - run - I blow it up!"

This movie had some of those moments - it's the last John Woo film before emigrating out of Hong Kong, and apparently as the turnover to Mainland China was wrapping up, the films got a bit more risque, a bit more gory, and so forth

I mean, it was a decent film - but it won't make my list of favorites this year - anything else, well, just go ahead and read about it online - I won't waste a ton of time tonight rehashing it-  it's a modern action flick, and it's sort of what I started watching this collection to get away from, so I won't have a ton of love for it - I can see why when just starting out they might add this just to get some Hong Kong Cinema in the collection - but I can see why they let them go out of print and let Dragon Dynasty take it over too

Chow Yun-Fat is the Cop this time - the good guy working with an undercover to take down the Triads running guns in Hong Kong - they shoot up a ton of shit, and the bad guys blow up a ton of shit - the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment